Texas Alcohol Consulting, Logo

Phone Icon(512) 893-5106

Review Us On Google!

Understanding the Types of TABC License & Permit Types to Get Your Business Off the Ground

Did you know that Texas has strict laws regulating alcohol sales? To sell alcohol legally in the Lone Star State, you must obtain a permit or license from the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission (TABC). However, with the variety of permits and licenses available, knowing which one is best for your business can be daunting.

As an experienced alcohol permit consulting firm, we want to help guide you through the process of obtaining the correct TABC license or permit for your business. In this blog post, we will explore the types of TABC licenses and permits and help you choose the right one for your business needs.

Retail Licenses – These are for businesses that sell alcohol for consumption on-premise or off-premise. Examples include restaurants, bars, and liquor stores. Different types of retail licenses are available such as a Wine and Beer Retailers Off-Premise Permit, Mixed Beverage Permit, and Brewpub Permit.

Wholesale Licenses – These are for businesses that sell alcohol to other businesses that hold a TABC license. Examples include wine and beer distributorship and distillers. To obtain a wholesale license, you must show that you are licensed and authorized to operate your business in Texas.

Manufacturer Licenses – These are for businesses that manufacture alcohol. Different types of manufacturer licenses include a Brewpub License, Wine and Beer Manufacturer’s License, and a Distilled Spirits Manufacturer’s License.

Caterer’s Permits – This is for businesses that serve alcohol at private events. This permit is ideal for businesses that cater events such as weddings, corporate parties, and fundraising events.

Temporary Event Permits – These are for businesses that want to sell alcohol at a temporary event. Examples include festivals, trade shows, and music concerts.